Our staff here at Hardy County Schools, along with the Hardy County Health Department, are working together to make sure our families are aware of the risks associated with the Coronavirus as well as preventative measures that can be taken. At the time of this letter, there are no confirmed cases in the state of West Virginia. Schools in Hardy County will continue to operate as normal. We win respond according to CDC and WV Health Department recommendations should an outbreak occur.
Currently, it is important that we remain proactive in order to prevent the spread of all illnesses. The CDC and Hardy County Health Department recommend the following precautions:
• Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap
and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer;
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands;
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick;
• Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the
trash...or sneeze into your elbow to lessen the spread of germs; and,
• Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces.